Offre d’emploi – Seintinelles
If you are looking to bring your solid research skills to a fast moving environment, creative, exploratory, ambitious and entrepreneurial, please apply, we could be the right fit.
As a key team member of a very innovative charity, you will
- Be the catalyst to promote, enable and develop participative research in cancerology.
- Conduct and develop new EU research projects, on quality of life related topics
The candidate will join the Citoyens and Recherche/Seintinelles team (www.Seintinelles.com). Citoyens et Recherche/Seintinelles is a charity whose vocation is to promote and enable a much closer collaboration between citizens and researchers on cancer research (mostly on topics related to quality of life, side effects and prevention).We have a community in France of 38 255 citizens (les Seintinelles) and 736 researchers engaged with us. During the last 10 years, we took part in 65 researches, generated 112 000 participations , which led to 26 articles.After proving that we can mutualize and massify recruitment for non-interventional researches, we want to take it the next level and we have huge ambitions in promoting and enabling through mutualization participative research in cancerology in France and in EuropeOur scientific project manager will be in charge of bringing this ambition to life, as well as raising our profile as a key partner on EU projects. You’ll be joining a small team of 2 permanent employees, and a wide and open ecosystem of partners.
Bring to life our ambition on participative research. Write our roadmap (partnerships/tools/advocacy program to drive a cultural shift within the research community/ coordination with the EU Cancer Mission) and make it happen.On that specific project, the candidate will work closely with Marie Préau, University Professor in Health Psychology, at Lyon 2 university, and her team.
Lead and project manage our participation in EU projects (existing and coming). Lead our participation in the Pragma-Til EU funded projectsThis trial aims to enhance the quality of life of cancer patients benefiting from very innovative therapies (TIL-ACT).The scientific project manager will be responsible for collective qualitative data about patient experience , in close collaboration with the other members of the WP3 (Gustave Roussy, Unicancer and La Caixa), and in coordination with the participating centers (in 6 European countries). From coordination of data capture to analysis and publication of results to scientific audiences and the general public.Raise our profile within the EU research community as a potential partner for other big EU projects, and answer call for projects.
Be our scientific coordinator. Be the scientific and regulatory key point of contact of all the researchers working with us. And the project manager of our scientific committee.Profil recherché
PhD in Psychology, Sociology, Sciences of information & communication, or Public Health (with a major in social and human sciences).
The position is open to early-career researchers only.
We will privilege a postdoctoral research for which it is the first long time assignment.
PLEASE APPLY ONLY IF YOU MEET THIS PROFILE
- Research experience in clinical or health-related projects (e.g. health psychology, health services research, pragmatic clinical trials)
- Research experience with patient populations, especially in oncology, will be valued
- Experience working in interdisciplinary projects will be valued
- Experience working in international collaborations will be valued.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of research methodology (observational studies, and clinical trials).
- Knowledge of and demonstrable skills in qualitative research and mixed-methods research.
- Communication skills in cross-cultural and cross-disciplinary contexts.
- Project management skills, ability to manage and lead towards objectives, timelines and budget.
- Academic writing skills, ability to communicate clearly both orally and in written.
- Organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent command of French and English.
We are an ambitious (but still small) charity. So on top of your solid scientific background, pragmatism, entrepreneur spirit, polyvalence and autonomy will be key for you to succeed in our fast moving and not always very formal environment.
- Openness to travel internationally as requested by the project necessities.
- Openness to travel to Paris on a very regular basis if you are not living there., and working fully remote.
Guillemette JACOB, Co-fondatrice, Seintinelles